A link can be inserted into an SMS by first creating a custom HTML page and then creating an SMS with the link inserted. LinkInSMS does this automatically using dynamically generated user content. The message is then delivered through a simple email interface, the Customer Portal, or an API integration.
By inserting a link in SMS;
- You leverage the reliability, simplicity, and global reach of SMS.
- Solve the challenge of delivering rich content to any smartphone in the world using SMS
- Reduced costs for customers by transferring larger amounts of data in shorter SMS’s
Here are 3 ways to insert a link into an SMS using LinkInSMS
First, subscribe for a free trial of LinkInSMS
Option #1: Use any email interface
Enter email@example.com in the “TO” field.
- phonenumber for the USA and Canada is something like 5551231234, for example firstname.lastname@example.org. For Non-USA and Non-Canadian numbers, a +country code is required in the phonenumber. For example +email@example.com. (The number does not need to be preregistered with LinkInSMS.)
- The “FROM” email address must be the same as specified in the subscription process – or is a special email address you provided us as a Send-Only email address.
- Type in anything you want in the subject field using less than 120 characters.
- The message in the email will be converted to an HTML Web page, up to 16MB, and a link to the page will be inserted in the SMS message.
- And then just send the email. The recipient will receive an SMS message with a link to the custom web page containing the rich content of the original email.
Option #2: Use the Customer Portal
You can send a single message and web page to a recipient by using the QuickSMS page in the LinInSMS Customer Portal.
LinkInSMS allows you to send SMS messages and pages of customized data out to a whole list of recipients at one time. Some examples:
- Send out daily schedules to staff members.
- Daily send out stock prices for all customers portfolios
- Send out health alerts to people who have been in contact with an infectious individual.
- Send out fire warnings to people in danger of needing evacuation with links to evacuation plans.
Personalizing Each Message to a List of Recipients
You can customize your link in the SMS for each recipient. This is done by including the required personal data in the recipient list you send. So, then when you send your message to these recipients, the SMS would be something like:
Hi %%firstname%%. You have an appointment on %%customfield1%%. Please visit %%linkinsms%% to see your appointment details.
As an additional feature, in your user profile, you can set LinkInSMS header and footer values, so that you can have a Logo and other links automatically wrapped around any LinkInSMS HTML content.
Option #3: Use the API to add a link to your SMS
Our API lets you directly send a URL link in an SMS message from your business applications. Our system runs as a web service accepting SOAP requests over HTTPS allowing your application to send messages, retrieve reports, manage user details, and so on, directly from within your application.
Reporting can be handled via both pull or push. You can request the broadcast details from our system with the API, or we can simply push the result of each message to you with a simple HTTPS post request.
Link In SMS as a Service
LinkInSMS is an online service that provides communication services for organizations across industries.
LinkInSMS enables organizations to remove the existing limitations of an SMS message. It does this by adding the ability to elaborate and expand the content of SMS to make organizations far more effective in their communications.